Tuesday, August 20, 2013

house for sale

Yesterday, Sean and I put our house up for sale. It has been a long time coming. For the past month, I've been cleaning, fixing, taking pictures, and removing pictures. Yesterday morning, I fell to my knees asking God to allow us to move forward in our decision to move to Honduras in some way. I felt stuck. A ship ready to sail onto great adventures, but remaining tied to the dock. Within an hour, I had a text from our friend and realtor, asking if we wanted to meet and put the house up for sale that night. I read it as I was exercising on the treadmill. My already quickly beating heart nearly exploded. With sweaty palms, I praised God and thanked Him for listening to my desperate prayer. The rest of my run, I couldn't help but smiling and singing along with my favorite worship playlist.  I'm sure the elderly man next to me thought I had completely lost my mind, thinking senility wasn't just for the ol'timers anymore.

Now the sign sits in our front yard. Waiting. Telling the world that we are ready. We are ready to go. To follow Him and His plans.

I am beginning to read "Kisses from Katie." I feel as though I am the last person in the world to read this beautifully written story of a young woman, probably a lot like myself, venturing into uncharted territory. Rewriting her life plans that once revolved around everything normal to plans that now revolve solely around God. As I read her words, I almost feel as though we are sisters, for surely we are in Christ. But even more, I feel as if she understands my heart. She writes:

The fact that I loved Jesus was beginning to interfere with my plans I once had for my life and certainly the plans others had for me. My heart had been apprehended by a great love....As I read and learned more and more of what Jesus said, I liked the lifestyle I saw around me less and less. I began to realize that God wanted more from me, and I wanted more of Him. He began to grow in me a desire to live intentionally, and different from anyone I had ever known. 

Certainly, it makes little sense to the world why we are leaving our beautiful home, dependable jobs, and loving friends. Sometimes, it makes little sense to us as well; however, I am reaffirmed in my desire to follow Jesus and great love for Him. To live and love as he did. I want to live intentionally... intentional on changing the world.


Kisses from Katie Blog