Thursday, September 26, 2013

getting closer



Well, the flights have been booked! One more sign that we are indeed getting closer, though the to-do list is getting longer and longer. I'll admit that at times this all gets overwhelming. All the little details that  must fall into place... But I am constantly reminded that God is faithful, even in the details. Phil. 4:6-7 comes to mind...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 

I am drawn to the phrase "with thanksgiving." We often forget or skip that part of the verse, but it is so crucial. When I get anxious, I simply begin to praise God that He is sending us on this incredible adventure to serve and follow Him. I thank Him for working in me to achieve His purpose, and I get excited to think of all He will do through me. I prayerfully request that He help put all the details in place so that we may go to Honduras, but more so, I pray that I never lose sight of who is sending me to Honduras.