Thursday, September 5, 2013

wait upon the Lord

I have never been good at waiting. I like to take control and just get it done. Even procrastinating is a skill I have never succeeded at. Here I am though, waiting.

Our house has been up for sale now for a little over two weeks. This is the last roadblock between us and our big move! At first, my phone was buzzing with interested realtors. Then, there was silence. My thoughts became anxious, and my heart grew weary. I constantly checked my phone for messages, missed calls or emails. My phone battery was quickly drained as well as my own.

Then, God intervened. Though it he had to say it more than once, he patiently reminded me...

The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary  and increases the power of the weak... but those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength.

How great is our God that he pays attention to us! Though He reigns over all of creation with great power and strength, He still loves us individually. He knows our hearts, our needs and the lessons we need to be taught.

As I wait for our house to sell, for this adventure to begin, I no longer wait upon realtors, emails, texts, or calls. I do not wait on people to fulfill my desires. I wait upon the LORD. He has a plan. A perfect plan. Though I cannot know it, I can rest in the knowledge that He will work all things out for His purposes. With that, my heart has peace as I learn to wait.